How it works
If you've never been to the Huntington Estate Music Festival, read on to find out what it's like, and how it all works.
A day in the life of The Huntington Estate Music Festival
The First Day
The first concert in the festival starts at 7:30pm on Wednesday evening. Join us from 6:30pm for a welcoming drink and to collect your tickets. Relax in the quiet anticipation that always takes over our patrons ready for a flood of fine music, food and wine.
Wake up after a good night's sleep in one of Mudgee's many wonderful award winning B&Bs, cottages or hotels and enjoy a leisurely breakfast. Dress as you wish! Each year we warmly welcome guests in shorts, in black tie and everything in between. Arrive fully revived at Huntington Estate for coffee, tea or juice (under the trees if it's nice weather, otherwise inside the hall), ready for:
11.30 am - 1.30 pm:
- Morning concert with interval & refreshments
1.30 pm - 4.00 pm:
- Enjoy a leisurely and delicious lunch outside with a selection of Huntington wines and a local cheese and fruit to follow. Feel free to stay and chat (to old friends and new, musicians and staff), drink wine and eat cheese for as long as you like.
3 / 4.00 - 6.00 pm:
- While some of our patrons prefer to indulge in an afternoon nap in readiness for the evening, others take the opportunity to explore Mudgee and the surrounding area, visiting vineyards, tea shops and art galleries, or simply strolling around the beautifully preserved country town.
6.00 pm - 7.00 pm:
- Return to Huntington Estate and enjoy more wine and a tasty selection of nibbles (e.g., our famous sausages, asparagus and hollandaise sauce etc.)
- "In conversation" pre-concert talks during main festival outside (weather permitting, in the barrel room if not) with featured artists talking to artistic director Carl Vine.
- More wine and an enticing array of finger food
7.00 pm - 9.00 pm:
- Evening concert with interval and refreshments (more wine and nibbles)
9.00 pm - Midnight:
- Enjoy a leisurely dinner outside... (see lunch!)
Go to bed tired but full of music, relaxed and happy to get ready to do it all over again!!
NB: Of course soft drinks are also served, and there's no compulsion to stay late after lunch or dinner. Some of our audience do and some don't. The option to indulge is simply there if you want to take it!